To be an official volunteer of MVHS, you do need to be at least 16 years old; however, there are lots of things you can do to help the Rescue until then.
- Sponsor a contest either at your school or youth group to see who can bring in the most donated items of your local shelter’s wish list
- Make fliers for adoptable animals and place them in the community
- Share shelter animals on your social media pages to help them get adopted
- Write letters to the editor of your local news paper or your favorite news anchor regarding the shelter or your favorite homeless pet at the shelter
- Talk with your family about becoming foster parents
Include the dogs in special events or holidays:
- For Valentine’s Day, bring the dogs special treats
- Have a field trip to deliver collected items (appointment is recommended)
- Plan a birthday party to include a trip to the rescue (please make prior arrangements). Ask guests to bring items from your shelter’s wish list or pet food.
- Ask family and friends to help you and have a fun bake off making dog treats.
- Have a change drive-ask schools, friends and family to donate loose change.
- You can do a pet food drive in your neighborhood or school. Start a tradition to donate pet food to your local shelter for holidays or on a regular schedule.
- Create an Animal Club – Find students or neighbors who share your passion to help animals; work together to continue to help the shelter animals